A few simple guidelines for making comments:
- Comments are encouraged, so there are no restrictions on who can leave a comment, though comments are moderated, and you’ll need to leave your name and an email address (the email address won’t be published) since there is a lot of spam out there.
- Because of WordPress’s spam filter, some genuine comments may get deleted without me seeing them. I have the spam filter set to its most aggressive level (that is, it will delete anything it thinks is spam, and this blog gets hundreds of spam comments every day). If you really want your comment to show up, try rewording it and make sure it doesn’t have a lot of links in it (and don’t mention things like viagra!).
- If you want to use mathematics in your comment and know a bit of Latex, you can get the math to show up properly by using wordpress’s Latex format, described here. If you want the math’s background colour to blend in with the background of the comments section, add &bg=e5e4e8 before the final $ sign in your Latex code (see the ‘Latex colors’ section of the wordpress documentation).
- Please use equation numbers if you are asking about a particular equation in a post. It really helps me understand exactly what you’re asking. (As I wrote many of these posts several years ago, their contents are not always fresh in my mind!)
- I’ll try to answer comments that point out errors in a post, or that ask for clarification of a point made in a post, as soon as I can.
- Please note that due to time limitations (and often lack of knowledge), I usually won’t answer comments that go beyond the specific topics covered in my post, though I will approve your comment so that others may reply to your question.
- Comments asking for solutions to problems that are not currently posted will be ignored. Sorry, but I’m working at my own pace through the books I’ve selected (which usually means the books I can (mostly) understand), so I can’t accept requests to solve problems for you.
- Physicspages is strictly a one-man project, so I don’t accept articles from anyone else, and I don’t allow administrator access to the blog for anyone but myself.